office phone: (303) 315-0028
I am an assistant professor at the University of Colorado Denver. I study the health, safety, and environmental effects of transportation systems.
I am interested in how urban planning, policy, and organizing influence the distribution of hazardous and protective environments in cities and regions.
My current research projects include:
- Arterial roads and neighborhood livability
- Evaluation of programs to increase walking and bicycling
- Transportation injury risk across different groups of road users
- Including public health in transportation policy agendas
- Public participation in transportation decision making
The courses I teach in the Department of Planning and Design are:
- Planning History and Theory
- Transportation Planning and Policy
- Transportation and Land Use Planning
- Planning Healthy Communities